About Me

My photo
A learner all my life. I haven't been everywhere,but it is on my list.

Friday 19 October 2012

In Gratitude.........


Being a teacher for the last twenty-three years of my life has been a wondrous experience that has taught me new lessons of life each day.I have always considered it my good fortune to have taken up this profession.I am proud to be a teacher and hope to be one all my life.Even as a teacher I am also a learner for life as we all should be.

Teacher's Day is celebrated in India on 5th September each year though International Teachers Day is celebrated on 5th October in most countries.I have always had great regard for teachers.I still remember my school days when we  had such wonderful teachers teaching us at the Convent Girls High School at Dadar.In fact I had a major crush on one of my teachers(who doesn't?).Those were the days when we tried to get into the good books of the teachers and waited to run errands for them.It was an honour to be called to clean the blackboard,carry books or give our textbook to the teacher.I am in touch with many of my school mates and they too agree that our teachers have inspired us to make us what we are today.I thank all my school teachers who taught me, right from those who taught me my A,B,C's to those who helped me with complicated Math and Physics problems in my SSC year.

Cut to my college years where I did my Diploma in Education.The teachers there gave me my first lessons in teaching.I can not forget my first classroom teaching experience at a school at Malad.From there there was no looking back.I realised that teaching is what I have always wanted to do and I pursued it with unbridled enthusiasm.I remember all my D.Ed college teachers with utmost respect and I thank them for initiating me into the world of teaching and making me capable of pursuing my goal to teach.

Years later I was back in college for my Bachelor's degree in teaching.It was here that I met some of the most fantastic teachers who inspired me and made me realise that there was so much I could do in the field of teaching to change lives of children for their betterment.It was here that I learnt to search myself and accept new challenges.I met some truly inspiring teachers and  I will always remember them with great respect.Hats off to all my teachers at Bombay Teachers Training College(BTTC) for their support and inspiration.

Life is a great teacher and we are always learning new lessons from her.It is upto us to remember those lessons and act accordingly for a better life.Life is not just about making the most money,attaining the highest position,or gaining new and expensive things, but about imbibing the true values of life.

I salute all my teachers who have made an impact in my life and have made me what I am today.
Thanks for being my strength and inspiration.
I hope I too inspire my children like you have inspired me.

No comments:

Post a Comment